Proteus COM Express
COM Express Low-power board based on Intel® Atom™ processor
The PROTEUS COM Express is a board that features a low power-high performance Intel® Atom™ processor and it is suitable for wired or wireless multimedia applications. It provides GPS, Bluetooth and ZigBee support and it is equipped with two PCI Express mini cards for easy and flexible expansion.
PROTEUS COM Express is a processor module aimed at wired and wireless, net-centric multimedia applications, especially in situations where low power and high performance are required. Using Intel’s Hi-K 45nm technology the Intel® Atom Z500™ series processor delivers the benefits of Intel’s x86 architecture in a robust, ultra-small package with exceptional performance-per-watt.
The processor is matched with an Intel® System Controller Hub (SCH) US15W™ which is a highly integrated device combining a graphics memory controller and an I/O controller.
In addition to the above interfaces, the PROTEUS COM Express provides options for onboard GPS, Bluetooth and ZigBee support. The provision of two sites for PCI Express mini cards allows easy and flexible expansion for applications requiring wireless local and wide area networking.
PROTEUS COM Express offers a choice of 1.1GHz or 1.6GHz processor, with options for 512MB or 1GB soldered down RAM and 2GB or 4GB soldered Parallel ATA Flash memory. Additional non-volatile storage may be added on the board itself using MicroSD Flash.
Coupled to the extremely low heat generation of the Atom processor, PROTEUS COM Express is perfect for applications needing high end performance in a fanless, rugged package.
The module features a COM Express Type 1 expansion connector, supporting PCI Express, LPC, USB, SMBUS, I2C, HD Audio, SATA, LVDS and Gigabit Ethernet interfaces. The provision of two independent display interfaces allows deployment in applications requiring different content to be served to different users.
|Architecture:||• COM Express|
• Intel® Atom™ Processor options:
- Z530 up to 1.6GHz
- Z510 up to 1.1GHz
• (400/533MHz) DDR2 SDRAM: up to 1 GB
• 4 GB parallel ATA Flash on board (optional)
|Chipset:||• System Controller Hub: Intel® US15W™ (graphics and I/O controller)|
• Ultra low power integrated 3D Graphics
• 2x single-channel LVDS 24-bit interface to Board to Board connector
|Audio:||• HD Audio interface on Board to Board connector|
• Gigabit Ethernet port supporting 10/100/1000baseT
• Output to Board to Board connector
• USB 2.0 supporting low/full/high speed modes
• 2x user accessible ports (Pin header, one client configurable)
• 2x ports connected to PCI Express MiniCard sockets
• 4x ports on Board to Board connector
|Serial Ports:||• 1x serial port used for general purpose RS232 TX/RX port|
• 20-channel GPS receiver SirfStar III® chipset module
• Bluetooth or ZigBee wireless communications provided by onboard modules
|SDIO/MMC:||• 1x MicroSD socket|
|Touchscreen:||• 4, 5 and 8 wire resistive touchscreen interface|
• Supports 2x serial ATA 300
• Output to Board to Board connector
• x1 PCI Express to board to board connector
• x1 PCI Express switch to:
-one x1 PCIe GbEtherent controller
-one x1 PCIe serial ATA controller
-two x1 MiniCard sockets
-three x1 PCIe board to board connectors
• Atmel Trusted Platform Module Device, TCG v1.2 compatible
• SMBUS interface
• +12V DC
• +5V DC standby, 3.3V DC battery (option)
• on-board voltage regulators and power management
|Power Consumption:||• 10.4W max|
|Environment:||• 0 to 70°C|
• COM Express extended module mechanical footprint
• Dimension: 155 x 110 mm (6.10” x 4.33”)
• 5mm/8mm stacking height for custom carrier board
|Operating System:||• Windows XP®, Windows XP Embedded®, Linux®|
• Parallel ATA Flash on board (up to 4GB)
• +5V DC standby, 3.3V DC battery power supply
• Cable kit
• Development kit