USB to RS232/RS422/RS485 converter, USBPortx
The USBPort/2 and USBPort/4 are robust industrial USB to RS232, RS422 and RS485 serial interface converters. The RS422 and RS485 ports are opto isolated to prevent ground loops. The USBPort/2 and USBPort/4 are plug & play devices with two or four serial ports that supports up to 3 Mbps over the serial link.
|Article Number||Product Name|
|0103-1921-2116-01 +||USBPORT/2||+ Request quote|
|Isolated 2-port RS232/RS422/RS485 serial Hub, power from USB bus or from an external power source +9VDC to +36VDC, 2 meter USB type A/B cable provided|
|0103-1921-2116-02 +||USBPORT/4||+ Request quote|
|Isolated 4-port RS232/RS422/RS485 serial Hub, power from USB bus or from an external power source +9VDC to +36VDC, 2 meter USB type A/B cable and PWS-12 supplied|
This new range of serial to USB solution (USBPort/x) offers performance, simplicity of installation, security, robustness and high reliability. USBPort/x is proposed in two models : 2 and 4 isolated port with 3 in 1 serial interface RS232, RS422 & RS485 in order to cover all technical requirements of industrial environments. USBPort/x installation is quite simple as the product is instantly plug & play, it doesn't require any IRQ, DMA or I/O port resources.Installed serial ports are considered by Windows 2000, 2003, XP, VISTA, SEVEN & Linux operating systems as computer's standard COM ports. USBPort supports up to 3 Mbps over the serial link. A decimal divider makes it possible the program non-standard highly accurate baud-rates.
- 2 or 4 RS232 / RS422 / RS485 asynchronous serial ports for USB 2.0
- RS signals:
- RS232 mode : TxD, RxD, RTS, CTS, DCD, DTR, RI & GND RS422 mode : A, Aâ€™, B, Bâ€™ & GND - RS485 mode : AAâ€™, BBâ€™ & GND
- Asynchronous 5, 6, 7 or 8 bits per character 1, 1Â½, 2 stop bits Even, odd, mark, space or no parity
- Data rate:
- From 300 Kbps to 3 Mbps on each port
- TX: 128 bytes, RX: 384 bytes on each port
- Hardware hand-shake (RTS/CTS) and/or software hand-shake (XON/XOFF) with automatic line direction control in the RS485 mode.
- RS connectors:
- 5-point screw-in terminal for each RS422/RS485 port, male SUB D9 connector for RS232
- 15KV ESD protection with HF signal filtering, CE standards
- 1500Vrms optic isolation on RS422/RS485 serial ports
- LED indication:
- 2 LEDs per port to monitor TxD & RxD signals activity, one LED for power supply
- Power supply:
- USB bus powered of from an external power source (+9 to +36VDC) on jack or Phoenix connector. USBPort/x enables to chain other USB devices and thus power other USB equipments from the product.
- Operating systems:
- Windows 2000, 2003, XP, VISTA, SEVEN and Linux (please consult us for other OS)
- 2.5W for the 2-port version, 3.5W for the 4-port version
- Â« Plug & Play Â» equipment, quick & easy Windows installation, RS232 / RS422 / RS485 mode, polarization and line termination are switches configurable.
- NF EN 55022 residential emission, NF EN 61000-6-2 industrial immunity
- Operating temperature from -40Â°C to +70Â°C, storage -40Â°C to +80Â°C, 0 to 95% relative humidity without condensation
- Metal case for panel mounting, 35 mm Din Rail mounting accessories available optionally
- USBPort/2: 168 mm (L) x 112 mm (W) x 26 mm (H) USBPort/4: 168 mm (L) x 112 mm (W) x 42 mm (H)
- 445 g for the 2-port version, 610 g for the 4-port version