Ruggedized serial to WiFi converter, WLg-xROAD/S
Discontinued product, available until stock lasts.
The WLg-xROAD/S is a rugged serial to WiFi converter for operating in harsh environments. The unit has a RS232, RS485 and RS422 interface. The WLg-xROAD/S supports the 2.4GHz aqnd 5GHz WiFi frequency band.
The WLg-xROAD/S gives access to any serial equipments from Windows, UNIX & Linux computers connected to your WiFi Ethernet TCP/IP network, make it possible to communicate between two distant serial equipments through the network, or directly with a peer to peer connection (Ad-Hoc mode).
It is a rugged equipment designed for applications in road transportation, depots, warehouses, agriculture, manufacturing floors, docks, distribution centers, shipyards and lumberyards … it can be mounted in trucks, city buses, forklifts, trailers, tractors or cranes, for material handling, real-time information transmission, and inventory management.
It fulfills the most severe requirements in terms of operating environment: from -25°C to +70°C, shock and vibration proof according to MIL-STD-810F standard, protection against dust and water projections (IP65).
The product is E-marked (CE standard for electronic equipments installed aboard vehicle), and can thus be installed in full safety aboard all on-road equipments.
- Serial RS232 / RS422 / RS485 full duplex up to 250 Kbps
- 9-50 VDC wide range power supply
- IEEE 802.11 a / b / g /h WiFi radio (2.4 / 5 GHz)
- MIL-STD-810 shockproof and vibration proof rugged aluminum enclosure, IP65
- Point to Point (virtual cable) & multipoint modes, virtual COM port redirector (ViP)
- TCP Client / Server, UDP & MODBUS/TCP support
- Serial port:
- Full RS232/422/485 (SUB D9 connector) serial interface, 250 Kbps
- RS signals:
- RS232 mode: TxD, RxD, RTS, DTR, CTS, DCD, DSR, RI RS422/485 mode: -Tx, +Tx, -Rx, +Rx (+RX and -RX signals can be polarized with jumpers)
- Cable connection:
- 9-point terminal block for RS signals
- 2-point for power supply, stuffing box cable output
- WiFi network:
- Compliant to the IEEE 802.11a/b/g/h 2.4/5 GHz standards, multi-country Roaming support (IEEE 802.11d); Dynamic Frequency Selection (DFS) support provides flexible selection of best frequency to allow mobility among all existing IEEE 802.11a/b/g/h network
- Radio data rate:
- Up to 108 Mbps (Super AG mode)
- 13 channels (b/g modes), 8 channels (a mode), 11 channels (h mode)
- Output power:
- Transmitter +20 dBm (TPC)
- Receiver -92 dBm for IEEE 802.11 a/g and -95 dBm for IEEE 802.11b
- One 2 dBi bi-band external antenna, RP-SMA connector
- OFDM : BPSK, QPSK, 16QAM, 64QAM DSSS : DBPSK, DQPSK, CCK
- 64/128 bits WEP, WPA-PSK, WPA2-PSK, IEEE 802.1x (RADIUS)
- Support for TCP Client/Server, DHCP Client, TELNET RFC2217 extension, Telnet Server, COM port re-director (VIP), multipoint or point to point virtual link over UDP modes and MODBUS/TCP Client/Server, MODBUS/RTU&MODBUS/ASCII protocols, direct communication
- Thanks to its built-in WEB interface, the setup of the device is achieved using any web browser installed on your computer (Internet Explorer, Netscape, Mozilla ...), SNMP agent, ACKSYS NDM, TELNET from the serial link
- Operating systems:
- Windows, Linux, UNIX as well as any operating system supporting TCP/IP
- LED indication:
- Serial TxD & RxD, WLAN, mode, diagnostic and power
- Power supply:
- +9VDC to +50VDC, 3.5 Watts typical
- Dimensions and weight:
- Rugged aluminum enclosure (L: 115 mm x W: 64 mm x H: 35 mm) Weight: 330g (with the 40 cm serial cable)
- MIL-STD-810F methods 514.5 & 516.5 (shocks & vibrations), IP65 seal rating EN 301489-17 & EN 61000-6-2 (CEM), E-marked
- Operating temperature: -25°C to +70°C, storage: -40°C to +80°C Humidity: 0% to 99% (non-condensing)