Ethernet Air-Pack is a ready-to-use solution designed to replace any Ethernet cable between equipments (PC, IP video, printers ...), replace the network cable between the RJ45-wall outlet and the computer or even to establish a wireless bridge between two independent Ethernet networks (between two buildings, two PLC's networks ...). The kit is built around two pre-configured WiFi units already associated, installation doesn't require any configuration as described below:
► Unplug the RJ54 cable between your two equipments
► Connect the power supply to each unit of the kit
► Connect one pre-configured unit on each equipment with the RJ45 cross cables supplied in the kit
Installation is now complete, your wireless Ethernet cable is in place and your equipments are working exactly like before with the wired Ethernet link.
Ethernet Air-Pack relies on the WiFi 5 GHz standard (IEEE 802.11a) which is not widely used by WiFi equipments. This offers a good level of protection against perturbations generated by existing WiFi networks; you can install as much Ethernet Air-Pack as cables to be replaced.
The radio link between the two units of the Ethernet Air-Pack is secured by the WPA2-PSK authentication and encryption method, all parameters are pre-configured for each unit.
Each unit features a 10/100 Base TX auto-sensing RJ45 network interface, WiFi maximum throughput is 108 Mbps.
The nominal range (open space) of the module is 300 m for a transmit power of +20 dBm and -92 dBm in reception.
Characteristics summary of each unit of the kit:
• 10/100 auto-sensing Ethernet port interface, RJ45
• Wireless Ethernet IEEE 802.11a (5 GHz)
• Two 2 dBi omnidirectional antennas (RP-SMA connector)
• 300 m nominal range (line of sight), 60 m in other cases
• +20 dBm transmit power, -92 dBm receive level
• Pre-configured WPA2-PSK, hidden SSID
• Administration: SNMP, ACKSYS NDM
• LEDs signalling for LAN, WLAN network activity and 10/100 mode
• Compact case (L:103 x W:67 x H:23 mm)
• Power supply : +9VDC to +48VDC (AC/DC power adapter shipped with the kit), 3.5W typical power consumption
• Operating temperature range: 0°C to +70°C, storage: -40°C to +80°C, humidity: 5% to 95% (non-condensing)
In the media: